Pending ItsOnlyNova's Staff Application. (EST)

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Nova, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nova

Nova Member

What is your username? (IGN)
    I have had multiple names over the last few years but here is a list.
    McDestroyer10, xNovaCrusher, NovaGum, xNovaCrusher_, and my current in game name is ItsOnlyNova. https://namemc.com/profile/ItsOnlyNova.1

What is your age?
    I know that the age requirement is 15 years old. But I am currently 14 and will turn 15 this summer. Many people say I am often more responsible and mature for my age.

What is your time zone?
    I live in Miami Florida, which is in the Eastern time zone (EST) according to https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20180208T160000&p1=156

Do you have a microphone skype, and discord/teamspeak?
    Yes I do have every one of those. If any other form of communication would be needed to download I would be glad to do so. My discord is Nova#6464, if you need anything else you can pm me on there.

How long have you been actively apart of Factions Lab, and what is your current playtime?
    I joined Factions Lab on Map 11 (Christmas Map). I currently cannot check my playtime because I am waiting for the next map to be released. But I can assure you, it was well over 2 ½ weeks played time and maybe even more. I would be glad to spend some more time on Map 12 than I did on Map 11.

How much time can you dedicate to Factions Lab each day?
    Well, here is a list of the normal timings I am on. There are a few exceptions on days I have no schoolwork and days I have more schoolwork.
    Tuesday – Friday I am most active during the evening time, (Around 6pm to 12 – 1am).
    Then on Saturday I am roughly on between 1pm – 6 or 7pm.
    Sunday, 3pm – 6pm then 8 or 9pm – 1am.
    On Mondays I am busy but still find some time to be on at around 5-8pm.
    I can give about a 5 – 6 hours a day average and will be able to give more during school breaks.

Previous/Current Staffing Experience?
    I did indeed have a brief staffing experience on a small server called “BattleCraft.” The staff rank I had was “Helper” and was able to learn how to properly manage situations and how to help people in need. I also learned how to use commands like /kick, /mute and a few other basic “Helper” commands. The reason I say I had a brief experience is simply because it was a small server and did not last long. At this moment that server is shut down and I am no longer apart of their staff team. I know that I probably need some more learning for the position, so I would be glad for someone to walk me through the steps and commands for this server. Oh, and before I forget, I was also a pending member on "Archon." I never got to do my interview because this is when the server was falling apart, but the first half of the process was accepted.

Why should we accept you?
    Well, I have been playing factions for the last 4 years on multiple different servers and know multiple different faction plugins. Since I was able to play Map 11, I was able to learn all the unique plugins Factions Lab has and I would be fully capable of helping new players to the server in learning the commands to get started. I am a hard worker, when I start something I must get it done. I plan on playing many more seasons to come on Factions Lab because I enjoyed the players and Map I first played. I do not get easily annoyed. Minecraft is the only game I play on my pc, therefore I can focus on staffing Factions Lab. I love to learn new things, so if I need something taught to me (which I most likely will,) I would be glad to learn it. I know all the staff on Factions Lab therefore it would be a simple change. I come up with suggestions on a daily/weekly basis. I listen to the community and what they have to say. I know most of the player base since I played Map 11 all the way to the final week. I am also homeschooled, therefore I have a greater chance to get on right away when needed. And in the end, I believe I can help the server grow in many different aspects of the game.

What can you do to improve Factions Lab?
    Since I have played Factions for the last 4 years, I have come across multiple hackers. I can record when needed to report (I use the OBS recording software). I have Join.me and just recently downloaded and installed anydesk if needed to ScreenShare someone. I have been ScreenShared multiple times on different servers so I know how to do it to others if needed. I use to be toxic but I have stopped, therefore I can properly manage the chat. Since I know many faction plugins, I can help new players learn those plugins. I constantly talk in chat so I will be able to keep the chat flowing. Altogether I believe that I am very active player and it would be smart to invest your trust and time in me.

Do you agree and accept the obligations and responsibilities of a staff member?
    Yes I do, and if I were to misuse my permissions by any sort, I would be glad to resign/be demoted and or banned from the server.

About yourself.
    I have been playing minecraft for 5 years, factions for 4 years. Papa Johns is my favorite pizza place. I am in 9th grade and I play on both my Varsity football and Varsity Basketball teams. Purple is my favorite color. I love Netflix. I play 2k18 along with Madden. I am one of the leaders in the OvO faction. I run the 100, 200, 400, and 400 relay in track. I love to pvp. And I am homeschooled.

I would be glad to change anything depending on the feedback I receive.

Thank you for reading through my application. :D

Edit: I now have the required amount of post.

#1 Nova, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  2. mus101123

mus101123 New Member

It looks like you wrote this in 5 minutes

3. Nova

Nova Member

Sorry you feel like that, I have been working on this for the past few days. Thanks for the feedback tho :D.

#3 Nova, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  4. AcidDealer

AcidDealer Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

Missing fourm posts needed & lacking massive detail ;/

5. Nova

Nova Member

Ok. I can edit more detail, and I am working on the forum post requirement. I had a different forums account with the amount but decided to make a new one with a new name. Thanks for the feedback

#5 Nova, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  6. Mxngo

Mxngo New Member

Good Application my son, +1.

7. Nova

Nova Member

Thanks. :D

8. 0verdosed

0verdosed New Member

Tbh thought you were atleast 17, and your more active then most helpers .... good application

Nova likes this.
  9. Nova

Nova Member

Thanks

10. SarcasticDroppz

SarcasticDroppz New Member

Greetings, @Nova
    I am rating your application +0.5 for the following reasons
    • You need to explain more.
    • You do not meet some of the requirements
    • It looks like you rushed this
    Good Luck
    -Lime

11. SpookieGhost

SpookieGhost Guest

As a previous Faction Lab Staff Member (knowing what needs to be in an application for this server), I am going to have to rate your application +0.5. Reason's for this being that you have sufficient detail, however, I believe that you've completely missed the point in some questions especially the point about "How would you improve factionslab" as everyone would normally say "I can SS" "I can use join.me" I'd advise coming up with something creative to stand out especially since you're applying as an underage applicant.

Best of luck though.

12. Nova

Nova Member

Ok thanks

13. Nova

Nova Member

Thanks

14. OSwordSlasherO

Congratulations
    You've passed the application process and have been accepted for an interview via teamspeak or discord.
    Please respond to my private message so we can arrange an interview date.

Nova likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.